Easter Brunch Egg Bake Recipes

April 22, 2014
I had family over to our house after church for Easter breakfast.  I served two different egg bakes, bran muffins and sliced fresh strawberries.

The first egg bake I have been making for years:

Breakfast Bake

1 pkg crescent rolls
1 pound bacon, cut, fried and drained
6 eggs
3/4 c. milk
2 tbsp. onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp oregano
1 c. shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese

Roll out crescent rolls in a 9x13 pan to cover bottom.  (I spray the pan with a cooking spray.)  Cover with bacon and cheddar cheese.  Mix eggs, milk, onion, salt, pepper and oregano.  Pour over top and cover with mozzarella cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or longer.

  Half the pan was gone before I remembered to take a photo!



 My daughter had leftover egg bake and a muffin for breakfast this morning before heading back to college.  This egg bake is like a breakfast pizza.  The second one has a hash brown crust.


Hash Brown & Egg Casserole:

1 lb 4 oz package of  O'Brien Simply Potato shreds, drained
1/2 pound of cubed ham.  (I used deli honey ham.) 
1.2 c. finely chopped onion
6 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9x13 baking pan.  Place hash browns in the bottom of the baking dish.  
Whisk together eggs, milk, onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and pour over the potatoes.  Sprinkle ham and cheese over the the egg mixture.  Cover with foil.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.  Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.  Let stand 5 minutes before serving.  

This recipe is also very good!






Thanks for reading my blog, Carlene

Sharing is caring

Receive my Posts and Newsletters to your Email


Comment with Facebook

Comments

  1. I could eat the whole dish all by myself!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carlene....looks yummy, will try for a fun Sunday breakfast .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both the recipes look delicious. I definitely want to cook the Hash Brown & Egg Casserole for my Southern Belle Breakfast Club. I am sure they will love it. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh both of these look delicious, but I think I may like to try the hashbrown crust one first! Pinned it and thanks for sharing! Glad you got to see your daughter for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinning both of these. I'm not keen on the recipes I use, so more than willing to try some new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carlene these look and sound fantastic. My stepmom makes brunch a lot and I am going to send her these. I think she will really enjoy them and so will we when you go there, LOL!!! Thanks.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like something I would love to make! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I respond to most comments by email unless anonymous or no reply blogger. I also have a facebook comment box.
By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Your privacy is important to me.