A Junk Garden Washboard Planter

May 07, 2014
 Do you remember the lag screw metal and wood bin that I purchased earlier this year?


 I loved its beat up rusty patina but the orange paint was a little too bright.

So I sanded it down and gave it a couple of coats of polyurethane.  Much better.

I found this washboard junking last summer.  I used it in the garden.  It was already very rusty.

I thought the two patinas would marry well together, but I needed a piece of wood and machine screws to attach the bin to the washboard.

So I have the bin, the wood piece, and the washboard...

With nuts and washers on the back.  The board isn't easily visible from the top but I did darken it a bit with stain.

Washboard & Lag Screw Bin Planter Box www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com

Washboard & Lag Screw Bin Planter Box www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com

Washboard & Lag Screw Bin Planter Box www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com

Still waiting for spring planting time here in northern Minnesota, so another faux plant to stage my planter box.  I will be putting small annuals in terracotta pots in the bin.  Three pots fit it well.






Thanks for reading my blog, Carlene

Sharing is caring

Receive my Posts and Newsletters to your Email


Comment with Facebook

Comments

  1. The washboard planter turned out great...love it!!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN!! I love this Carlene. And I have all those same "parts" in my shed?? Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute, love the way it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carlene, I had to hop over and see what new junk treasure you had created. Always love what you put together! Junk in the garden is heaven!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. They were meant to be together. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear.
    Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say wonderful blog!


    Also visit my homepage :: dragon city breeding soccer dragon

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is wonderful, and leads me to some other ideas too.
    thanks for sharing!
    blessings
    Barb
    found you via facebook
    a

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it Carlene. It makes me sick, now that I'm officially old and can appreciate things, but my Mom had an old washboard that she occasionally used when I was a kid. She'd be 100 yrs old this coming Dec. but she and Dad moved into a new house back in the late 60s and I was a teenager and not interested in "old stuff." Now I wish I had that washboard and a million other things I didn't appreciate until now. Keep on hunting these things and showing us your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I respond to most comments by email unless anonymous or no reply blogger. I also have a facebook comment box.
By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Your privacy is important to me.